- Director, Choreographer & performer: Jose Agudo
- Executive Producer & Rehearsal Director: Claire Cunningham
- Guest choreographer (Flamenco): Rafael Amargo
- Guest choreographer (Kathak): Nahid Siddiqui
- Special guest performer: Mavin Khoo or Kenny Wing Tao Ho
- Composer and performer: Bernhard Schimpelsberger
- Composer and performer: Giuliano Modarelli
- Voice (Flamenco): Mayte Maya
- Voice (Kathak): Jataneel Banerjee
- Voice (Duet): Alaha Soroor
- Lighting designer: Jackie Shemesh
- Dramaturge: Lou Cope
- Costume designer: Kimie Nakano
- Costume maker: Caroline Mirfin
Performed with an evocative live score, Silk Road is a fascinating exploration of the rituals along nomadic routes, conjuring images of the pilgrims, monks, traders and urban dwellers who made their way from China to the Iberian Peninsula. It is a celebration of diverse cultures and dances, as strong and as delicate as silk itself.
Agudo weaves his Flamenco roots with a unique, contemporary style in this universal and personal story of East meets West. Guest choreographers Rafael Amargo and Nahid Siddiqui bring their Flamenco and Kathak influence to this exquisite production.
For International Enquiries and Booking, please contact:
Claire Cunningham, Executive Producer
Co-commissioned by Sadler’s Wells, ŻfinMalta Dance Ensemble, DanceEast, Dance4, Akademi
Supported by Arts Council England, Impulstanz Vienna, DanceXchange, Teatros del Canal, University of Roehampton, Stratford Circus Arts Centre, The Place, University of East London, Lisa Ullmann Travelling Scholarship Fund, Swindon Dance, One Dance UK, Unity Space, Office for Cultural and Scientific Affairs of the Embassy of Spain.